Still Need 2 Parish Hours?
All Parish and Parent Hours Are Due On April 15
If you have completed your 2 Parish hours, all additional hours earned at the Parish can be applied towards your required 18 Regular Parent Hours.
Here is a list of opportunities still available:
- Church cleaning for 1 hour every Friday mornings from 8:30-9:30 am. You can either stay for the 5th-8th grade student Mass or grab a coffee and just show up at 8:30am to help with light dusting, vacuuming, wiping glass on doors, etc.
- Family Bingo Night is Friday, March 29 from 6:00-8:00 pm. This event supports the St. Ignatius Young Adult Ministry. Bingo cards can be purchased at the door or online on the Parish’s website. For volunteer opportunities, please sign up here: https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/2699333/false#/invitation
- Volunteer at the next Sharing God’s Bounty: Meals for those in need. If you would like to volunteer, please come to the Parish Center by 5:15 pm on Wednesday, March 27. Bounty occurs on the last Wednesday of every month.
- Lent 2019 Faith in Action Opportunities: Volunteers are needed to help assemble, pack and distribute. Contact Mission & Outreach Office at 916-482-9666 ext 217 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Thursday, April 11 at 3:30pm to assemble cartons and sort food
- Friday, April 12 at 4pm to pack the food boxes
- Saturday, April 13 at 7am to distribute the food boxes
Here are some reminders as to why we have Parish Hours:
- Goal is to build community; school is a ministry of the church and most families enjoy paying the Parishioner tuition rate
- Paid hours go to Parent Club (hours not completed are charged to families and that money goes to Parent Club)
- Lots of opportunities to earn these hours