St. Ignatius School holds as primary a belief in God and the
Catholic Church. It is within this committed Ignatian ministry
that children develop self-respect, respect for others, and a
reverence for all of God’s creation.
In the early 1950s, the Most Reverend Robert J.Armstrong, Bishop
of the Diocese of Sacramento, realized that the once rural
parishes of St.Philomene and Our Lady of the Assumption were
overflowing with Catholic families. He reconfigured the
area and created a new parish – St.Ignatius. The growth of
Sacramento had stretched the ranks of the diocesan priests.
Bishop Armstrong invited the Jesuit provincial to send priests to
staff the new parish, build a school, and eventually build a
Jesuit high school. In 1954, the provincial sent Father
Fred Cosgrove, S.J., Prefect
Anyone who would like to volunteer their time at school, on a
field trip, or any activity that involves our students, MUST
complete an on line course provided by Catholic Mutual
THIS TRAINING IS MANDATED AND A CERTIFICATE MUST BE PRESENTED TO
THE SCHOOL OFFICE BEFORE YOU MAY VOLUNTEER TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY
SCHOOL EVENTS/FUNCTIONS WHERE CHILDREN ARE PRESENT. This
training must be renewed EVERY 3 years.